SWEDEN: Top restaurants celebrated at the White Guide Gala
NEWS SWEDEN: At the White Guide Gala, held today at the Royal Opera in Stockholm, awards in several categories were handed out in connection with the release of this year’s White Guide Sweden.
Extraordinary performances and achievements were celebrated, together with a special person: the restaurant guest. The latter by focusing on the overall experience – without diners, neither restaurants nor restaurant guides would be here.
Here is the list of this year’s winners and award recipients:
Restaurant of the Year – Restaurant Culture
- Fäviken Magasinet, Järpen/Åre.
- For creating one of the world’s foremost gastronomic destinations and transforming the scarce mountainous surroundings to a rich source of discovery and innovative local gastronomy – delivered with a service and ambience that is cohesive with the unique personality of this place, delivering a seamless experience of absolute world class.
Restaurant of the Year – Gastronomy
- Esperanto, Stockholm.
- For taking the Nordic countries’ subtly sensual gastronomy to vertiginous heights, creating a kingdom of flavors bridging both East and West while ceaselessly exploring the delicate nuances of flavor, aroma and texture, bringing it all together with rhythm and visual elegance.
Shooting Star of the Year – in collaboration with Martin & Servera
- Imouto, Stockholm.
Pioneer of the Year
- Omakase Köttslöjd, Stockholm.
Service Experience of the Year – in collaboration with Lavazza
- Spritmuseum, Stockholm.
Merroir Award of the Year – in collaboration with the Norwegian Seafood Council
- Sturehof, Stockholm.
Terroir Award of the Year – in collaboration with Coop
- Daniel Berlin Krog, Skåne Tranås.
“Worth the trip” of the Year
- Gula Hönan, Hemse.
Darling of the Year
- Surfers, Visby.
Wine Experience of the Year – in collaboration with Champagne Bollinger
- PM & Vänner, Växjö.
Beer Experience of the Year – in collaboration with Galatea
- Rex Brasseri, Umeå.
Sustainable Gastronomy of the Year – in collaboration with KRAV
- Lilla Bjers Gårdskrog, Visby.
Rising Star of the Year
- Filip Fastén, Agrikultur, Stockholm.
Industry Flavor Developer of the Year – in collaboration with the Swedish Food Federation
- Scandinavian Organics, Stockholm.
Longtime Gastronomic Contribution Award – in collaboration with Visita
- Björn Persson, Koka, Göteborg.
Global Gastronomy Award 2016 – in collaboration with Electrolux
- Dan Barber, Blue Hill, New York.